Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday

After a weekend of taking care of errands and floating (not fishing) the Flathead River on Sunday with the wife, it was good to be back on the water early this morning.  Unfortunately, the fishing was really tough today.  I did catch three or four smaller fish, but I also had three or four large fish sniffin' and rejectin' my flies.  It is so heartbreaking to see that lunker come scootin' up behind the fly and follow, strip for strip, inches behind the fly all the way up to the boat.
All of today's fishing was sightcasting to fish in the light-weeds.  I found a few more shorelines that held fish, so I will have more places to search.  Winds were light, the sun was super bright.  My plan for tomorrow is to tie up some realistic bait patterns and go au natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment